Ginger is a healing spice suitable for every type of diet. In Tibetan and Ayurvedic medicine, it is recommended against inflammation and rheumatism. Ginger is beneficial for people who suffer from gastric neurosis, straining, cramps, lack of appetite and migraines. It helps with nausea during the drive, dizzines, seasickness, and morning weakness, especially those caused by chemotherapy.
Positive effects of ginger on the human body
- reduces the increased cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood
- relieves pain in rheumatoid diseases
- stimulates the immune system
- the active ingredients of ginger have anti-cancer properties that are highly expressed in cancer of skin
- protects the mucous membrane of digestive system from damage and acts against the gastric ulcer
- prevents blood clotting and thrombus formation
- increases the number and mobility of sperms without any harmful effect
Honey, ginger and lemon - immunity boosters!
- 200 g of honey
- 2 lemons
- a small piece of ginger
How to use: every day, take one teaspoon three times a day. Keep in a fridge.
Ginger tea for weight loss
Ginger tea keeps your appetite under control and gives a longer feeling of satiety. May be prepared from fresh root or ginger powder. It is important to drink 250 ml of ginger tea 15 minutes before meal.
Tea of ginger root
- ginger root (about 2 inches)
- 1 liter of water
- honey (optional)
Tea of ginger powder
- ginger powder (about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon)
- 250 ml of water
- honey (optional)
Ginger for beauty
With so many health benefits, ginger is useful even for beauty. Ginger contains antioxidants which remove toxins from the skin, and can improve circulation which slows the aging process. Also, it is good for hair, because it stimulates circulation and therefore faster and better hair growth, and makes hair shiny and silky.
You can add essential oil of ginger in shampoo, in order to stimulate hair growth and get rid of split ends.
Anti aging mask
Finely grate a small piece of ginger. Drain it after that, and you will get a yellow juice. Take a small piece of yellow clay, add a teaspoon of ginger juice and a few drops of lemon essential oil. Stir all ingredients into evenly mixture, apply to washed face and let it dry. Rinse with water.
Repeat this two times a week. You can keep this mask in a fridge for few weeks.